Thursday, September 19, 2013

Are you on the juice?!



Get on the juice! It's good for your skin :)



With juicing being all the rage right now, and my love for trying out anything new and on the rise.... I decided to get at it. I love it. I can't believe all the fruits and veggies I get in my diet now.
 
 I watched the docu-drama by Joe Cross, "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead".
 Long story short, he describes the healing and health benefits from juicing. This got me to thinking about skincare (of course) and all the problems we try to fix only from the outside. 



Fruits are a great source of antioxidants and phytochemicals, fiber, potassium, vitamin C, folate and so much more. They protect against degenerative diseases and can help enhance skin radiance. Eating fruits every day will also help in hydration, which is crucial for the skin. Choose a variety of fruits to benefit from all they have to offer.
  • Citrus fruits, such as oranges and lemons, have an especially positive effect on the skin, because they are full of vitamin C, potassium and citric acid.
  • Apples help prevent cell and tissue damage, and contain collagen, elastin and pectin.
  • Pomegranates and berries are packed with antioxidants, contain vitamin A and beta carotene, and fight free radicals. *skininc.com
 
So I thought I would look deeper into the whole idea that you could juice away whatever ails you....
 
 Acne, age spots, Eczema, dull skin... etc....
 
Here are some juice recipes I found that claim to aid in healing your skin.
 
 ITS WORTH A TRY!
(I have adjusted the recipes to fit my needs LOL)

ACNE
 
GINGER HOPPER
 
1/4 INCH GINGER ROOT
4 CARROTS
1 APPLE
 
PROCESS ALL INGREDIENTS IN JUICER AND SERVE.
 
 
GREEN SURPRISE
 
1 KALE LEAF
2 APPLES
1 LIME
 
 
PROCESS ALL INGREDIENTS IN JUICER AND SERVE.

 
 
AGE SPOTS
 
 
MORNING TONIC
 
1 GRAPEFRUIT
1 APPLE
 
PROCESS ALL INGREDIENTS IN JUICER AND SERVE.
 
FRESH COMPLEXION EXPRESS
 (ALSO AIDS IN ACNE AND ECZEMA)
 
2 SPEARS PINEAPPLE
1/2 CUCUMBER
1 APPLE




 
 Don't forget to grab your juicing buddy! It makes it more fun.

 
 So I know it's not the same as Moscato ladies.... nothing is.... :) no need to compare
 
 
 photo terrawinesig_zpsc77aa4ba.png

1 comment:

  1. i totally need a juicer! i used to be into it and now that i'm olddddd i need to get back into it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...