Tuesday, February 19, 2013

30 Before 30 #6 I finally cracked


#6 NO SODA FOR 30 DAYS NOT EVEN DIET
 
On January 14th I quit soda. Cold Turkey. So, Valentines Day was otherwise known as the day of 8 gallons of soda for this lady. This whole time I thought I would drink it all day long as soon as I could. Then when the day came, I found myself still reaching for water. I thought I was in the clear, maybe I really just didn't need soda anymore. But before I get to how I cracked at 35 days... lets rewind a couple weeks.
 
The first few days were ok, although they went by pretty slow.
Two weeks in, I almost cried. I would tell my husband to let me smell his soda and I literally almost went to walmart at midnight so I could get my fix. It would kill me to be around soda....
This is getting a little dramatic....
 
POINT OF THE STORY.....
 
I went 35 days NO SODA. I cracked tonight.
 
Weapon of choice... Diet Cream Soda in a wine glass
 
 
 
 
Worth it? NO. Sadly. Now I just feel full and gross.
 
SO NOW I am going to commit to drinking more water and green tea.
 
 
 I bought a 'Flat Belly Diet Journal' yesterday to help me keep track of what I am really eating and drinking. It has this recipe in it for "Sassy Water". Should help with my recent carbonation bloat!
 
FROM THE BOOK
 
Drink one full recipe of Sassy water every day. (for four days only) The ingredients in Sassy Water aren't just for flavor: the ginger helps calm and soothe your GI tract. Even more important, the simple act of making this Sassy Water every day with serve as a reminder during the Jumpstart (their four day Anti-Bloat diet) that life is a little bit different and that things are going to change.
 
SASSY WATER
2 liters water (about 8 cups)
1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger root
1 medium cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
1 medium lemon, thinly sliced
12 small spearmint leaves
 
Combine all ingredients in a large pitcher, chill in the refrigerator and let the flavors blend overnight. Drink the entire pitcher by the end of each day.
 
 
 
 I have not tried this water yet. I plan on buying ginger root and cucumbers tomorrow...
 I will let you know what I think! Wish me luck, it's not exactly Moscato. :)

 


 photo terrawinesig_zpsc77aa4ba.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...