THIS IS A
"DRINK STRAIGHT FROM THE BOTTLE"
I have a little over a year before I am 30. Years. Old. I am not coping with this well. To lots of people 30 shouldn’t be that big of a deal. “Wait til you hit 40” they say… I’m not about to start thinking about 40yet people.
To me, 30 is the age where you need to have already known yourself, already gotten out all the “omg I can’t believe I did that” and gotten it all together. It’s a time in my life when I’m ready to be a woman instead of a girl. That’s what scares the be-ge-bes out of me.
SO… I am making this list of 30 things I need to have done before I am 30. It’s a mash up of all things I have not done yet in my life. Some are geared towards letting me hang on to my 20’s, while others are prepping me to be a 30 year old woman.
2. Get another tattoo
3. Hold a five minute conversation with a native in Spanish (I'm currently up to 45 seconds)
5. Conquer my irrational fear of spiders
6. 30 days no soda. Not even diet Started on 1-14-13
7. Watch a beautiful sunset in peace with no distractions
8. Take the train to St. Louis
9. Learn to knit a scarf
10. Finish vacation scrapbook started in 2010
11. Squat 100 lbs (1 set if 12)
12. Go to a concert and learn all the songs beforehand
13. Stay awake for 24 hours
14. Go to a pro sports game in full fan getup
15. Read (finish) 12 books --- ain't nobody got time for more than that
16. Have a moonlit picnic
17. Learn an organized sport and actually play in a game of it (I played both basketball
and soccer as a kid & was so "good" they let me keep the bench warm)
18. Learn to shoot a gun with precision
19. Get another boxer puppy
20. Go 24 hours without my cell phone turned on (did this in '10 when I went to Mexico &
then again when I went on a cruise in '11) I went 7 days with no phone.... I want to try it
again, not bc of being out of the country
21. Ride my bike along the Katy Trail to Green Ridge and back
22. Take a girls only trip somewhere fun
23. Swim with Dolphins
24. Go to an Esthetics's Trade Show
25. Learn to make a full course meal from scratch
26. "Adult" up my wardrobe.